Citizens Bank Park about an hour after the Phillies clinched the 2011 NL East

19 January 2013

NHL is Finally Here

So I realize this is a Baseball Blog but my true love is Hockey and the Montreal Canadiens. With the season starting today after a long and in my opinion pointless lockout. I wont go into my feelings of the whole lockout i will just say that im happy hockey is back i just hope they got it right this time, Doubtful but time will tell.

With the start of the season tonight in Montreal i can't help but feel optimistic. Then again every fan feels that way today. I know the Habs didnt have a very good season last year but in a 48 game season anything can happen. its a sprint to the playoffs. i mean after 12 games they are already a quarter of the way through the season. It will be fast, fun, and flat out exciting every night.

I do like the roster the Habs have, they added some good character guys like Prust and Armstrong, adding Boullion to the defense was very smart, even more so since P.K. Subban is unsigned and will not be starting the season. I certainly hope that deal gets done soon. I am very excited that Alex Galchenyuk will start the season in Monteal and hopefully for the entire season. I can't wait to see what he can do. Is he the young star Montreal has been waiting for all these years? Or will the Montreal media and fans put so much pressure on him that he cracks. Personally to me, he is 18 years old and has NO pressure whatsoever.

What do I look for from the Habs this season? I look for Carey Price to have a great year, Max Paccioretty, Eric Cole and a healthy Brian Gionta to lead the team to the playoffs. That is my expectation, if this team stays healthy this season there is no reason the Canadiens cant be a 7 or 8 seed in the Eastern Conference.

GO HABS GO!!!!! #RAISETHETORCH

Follow me on Twitter @Trap_33

No comments:

Post a Comment