![]() |
| Chase Utley will not be ready for the start of the 2012 season |
"I will take this process fairly slow, because I think it's important to get everything around my knees working correctly. And I think it's going to take a little bit of time." "I think that going out to Arizona to talk to Brett, we came up with some better things to do," Utley said. "Some things I've already been doing, some other stretches, some other manual theraphy, some other things that I think will definitely help."
"I think once we get everything around my knees working correctly, I don't know if it will be a problem," he said. "I've already seen benefits over the last four or five days from doing some new exercises. I'm very optimistic this is going to turn out well. But again, it's going to take a little time and I have to do this right.
"I think it's important, not only for this year, but for the rest of my career. I'm 33 years old. I know some people think that's old, but I still feel like I have a lot of baseball left in me."
Utley says he was in more pain last year, but what he's dealing with is similar to what happened in 2011.
"My right knee last year was the knee that bothered me," he said. "And my left knee felt pretty good. This year, it's the complete opposite. My right knee feels very good, which is in my mind, a positive. But now my left knee is a little upset. So we made some changes last year to my right knee. It worked because it feels strong. It feels good. Now I have to make similar changes to my left knee. Again, it'll take a little time to see how it goes."
Chase said he was very disappointed by this but is confident in the plan going forward.
I will add that this is disheartening news. Any of you who know me, know that Chase if one of, if not my favorite Phillie at the moment. Maybe of all time. I wrote about this last week and it still concerns me. He will never be 100% again and while he said this does not appear to be career threatening but over time I cant see how it isn't. I know Chase will strive to come back as good as ever very soon, but how many spring training's and seasons for that matter can both he and the Phillies go through this?
I wish Chase a speedy recovery and hope to see him on the field sooner rather than later. The team needs him in order to accomplish the goal of everyone in that clubhouse this season. Another World Series Championship.
Follow me on Twitter @Trap_33
Check out my Flickr Page

No comments:
Post a Comment